Mission of UWC — Strategic Services on Unemployment and Workers’ Compensation is to serve the business community by promoting unemployment insurance (UI) and workers’ compensation (WC) programs that provide fair benefits to workers at an affordable cost to employers and the community. UWC works closely with employers, national and state business associations, insurance carriers and third party administrators, and government agencies to:
- Advocate before governmental authorities sound legislation, regulation, and administration;
- Conduct research and disseminate information on proposed and enacted laws and regulation and financial performance;
- Provide a forum for exchanging information on the best practices in managing costs and operating the UI and WC programs;
- Develop information to serve the needs of UWC members;
- Assist members in resolving regulatory disputes.
UWC achieves these goals through direct and “grass roots”advocacy at the national level, support for business advocacy at the state level, publications, educational conferences, and training programs.
NOTE – Conferences, publications, and research are conducted under the ægis of UWC’s research arm, the National Foundation for Unemployment Compensation & Workers’ Compensation.