The National Foundation for Unemployment Compensation and Workers' Compensation is hosting the 2020 National Unemployment Insurance Issues Conference May 27-29, 2020 at the JW Marriott Hotel in Downtown Indianapolis. We invite you to join this national discussion and learn from experts.
Each year we develop a comprehensive agenda addressing all of the major issues facing unemployment. National experts from the private sector, states and federal officials collaborate and lead workshops of UI professionals and those who are new to UI responsibilities.
In previous conferences we have addressed topics including:
- “Gig Economy” changes in California (AB 5) and related state and federal legislation
- UI Automated System Developments and Impacts on Employers
- Paid Family Leave and UI Eligibility
- Identity Theft, Fraud and Overpayments
- State and Federal Employer Tax Status and Liability Issues
- Drug Testing and UI eligibility; Impact on Employers, Claimants and States
- UI 101 Basics
- Review of the Economy and Impact on Unemployment
- National Unemployment Insurance Program Update
- National Unemployment Insurance Legislative Update
- How to Improve State UI Trust Fund Solvency Before the Next Recession
- UI Claims Appeal Hearing Workshop
- State and Employer Information Exchange for Improved Administration
- Best Reemployment Eligibility Assessments (REA) and Reemployment Services
- Roundtable Discussion of Individual State UI Law and Policy Issues
- Issues with Confidential UI wage information
- Worker Misclassification - What Happens in an Audit?
- Integrity Best Practices, Benefit Overpayment Recovery and Collection
- Employer/Administrator/ Worker Advocate Roundtable
Start date: May 27, 2020
End date: May 29, 2020
Start time: 08:00 a.m.
End time: 05:00 p.m.
Venue: JW Marriott Hotel, 10 S West St, Indianapolis, IN 46204