The National Foundation for Unemployment Compensation and Workers’ Compensation is hosting the 2019 National Unemployment Insurance Issues Conference June 26-28, 2019 at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel. Online Registration is now open. Simply select your registration option and click the REGISTER button.
2019 Unemployment Insurance Issues Conference
$ 200.00 – $ 5,000.00
2019 National UI Issues Conference: Connecting to the Future of Unemployment Insurance
The National Foundation for Unemployment Compensation and Workers’ Compensation is hosting the 2019 National Unemployment Insurance Issues Conference June 26-28, 2019 at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel. Online Registration is now open. The early bird conference registration deadline is May 24, 2019. Don’t delay, register online today!
Conference Registration Rates
Register by May 24 and save!
After May 24
|Oregon & Washington State Employer Day Pass
(Day Pass is for attendance on Thursday, June 27, 2019)
(Includes Awards Luncheon and Receptions)
Registration fee includes Wednesday and Thursday receptions and complimentary copy of the Highlights of State Unemployment Compensation Laws 2019.
Hotel Accommodations Not Included in Registration Fee.
Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel, 1401 SW Naito Parkway, Portland, OR 97201
Phone Number: 503.226.7600
Reservation Phone: 1-877-901-6632 (refer to the 38th Annual National UI Issues Conference)
Rate: $184.00, government per diem
Cut-off Date: June 3, 2019 or when group block fills — whichever comes first.
Conference Agenda & Theme
This year’s conference theme is “Connecting to the Future of Unemployment.” Conference sessions and workshops will be conducted by national experts and participants from states across the country. The agenda for the 2019 conference will include sessions and workshops addressing:
- UI 101 Basics
- The U.S. Economy and the Labor Market: Longer-term Perspectives
- National Unemployment Insurance Legislative Update
- National Unemployment Insurance Program Update
- Competing Visions of the Future of Unemployment Insurance
- The Washington State Implementation of Paid Family Leave
- The “Gig” Economy – Proposed Solutions and UI Impacts
- Marijuana and Drug Testing
- UI Appeals Best Practices
- UI Automated System Developments and Impacts on Employers
- Roundtable Discussion of Individual State UI Law and Policy Issues
- Review of FUTA and SUTA Tax Status and Projections
- The Debate about Expanded Quarterly Wage Reports to Include Occupation Information
- Integrity Best Practices, Benefit Overpayment Recovery and Collection
- Reemployment Eligibility Assessments and Reemployment Services – Innovations
We invite you to join this national discussion, learn from experts. For more information you may contact Doug Holmes at email@example.com.
UWC Member, Non-Member, Guest, Gold Sponsor, Silver Sponsor, Bronze Sponsor, Exhibitor, Local Employer Day Pass
Start date: June 26, 2019
End date: June 28, 2019
Start time: 08:00 a.m.
End time: 05:00 p.m.
Venue: Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel, 1401 SW Naito Parkway, Portland, OR 97201
Phone: (202) 223-8904