The National Foundation for Unemployment Compensation and Workers’ Compensation is hosting the 2017 National Unemployment Insurance Issues Conference June 27-29, 2017 at the Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel in Boston Massachusetts. We invite you to join this national discussion, learn from experts, and Make UI history with us in Boston!
Conference sessions and workshops are conducted by national experts and participants from states across the country. The agenda for the 2017 conference will include sessions and workshops addressing:
- UI Automated System Developments and Impacts on Employers
- Paid Family Leave and UI Eligibility
- Detecting and Responding to Identity Theft, Fraud and Overpayments
- State and Federal Employer Tax Status and Liability Issues, including Professional Employer Organization Issues
- Drug Testing and UI eligibility; Impact on Employers, Claimants and States
- UI 101 Basics
- Review of the Economy and Impact on Unemployment
- National Unemployment Insurance Program Update
- National Unemployment Insurance Legislative Update
- How to Improve State UI Trust Fund Solvency Before the Next Recession
- UI Claims Appeal Hearing Workshop
- State and Employer Information Exchange for Improved Administration
- Best Reemployment Eligibility Assessments (REA) and Reemployment Services
- How States are Responding to Cuts in UI Administrative Funding – Impacts on Employers/ Claimants
- Roundtable Discussion of Individual State UI Law and Policy Issues
- Issues with Confidential UI wage information
- Worker Misclassification – What Happens in an Audit?
- Integrity Best Practices, Benefit Overpayment Recovery and Collection
- Employer/Administrator/ Worker Advocate Roundtable
Receive reduced Early Bird Rate by Registering by May 26, 2017.
|UWC Member Registration|
|Gold Sponsorship||$ 5,000.00|
|Silver Sponsorship||$ 4,000.00|
|Bronze Sponsorship||$ 3,000.00|
|Exhibitor Registration||$ 1,750.00|
|UI 101 Pre-Conference Workshop||$ 50.00|
|Guest Registration||$ 200.00|
Hotel Accommodations Not Included in Registration Fee. Reserve a room by June 5, 2017 to receive the conference rate of $275 /night. This rate is equal to the government per diem rate and is available pre and post conference for two days based on availability.
You may also call 877-901-2079 to make hotel reservation. Please be sure to mention you are with “UWC” or the National Foundation for Unemployment Compensation and Workers’ Compensation to obtain the conference room rate. To book online, click here.
There are a variety of opportunities to bring recognition to your firm or organization. Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsorships are available as well as general sponsorships. You may also opt to exhibit only. Click here for full details.
Optional Evening Event: Boston Red Sox vs. Minnesota Twins
Buy reserved Red Sox game tickets for June 27th click here.
If you have questions please contact Doug Holmes, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-223-8904.